Nostalgia.

Fel
Weavespinner

Nostalgia.

Post by Fel »

My mother borrowed my old puter last week after hers died, and I was amazed to find some of the stuff I did from 15 years ago on it.

It was a walk through the past to read through the original framework I did from The Fox and the Hawk, so much so that I think I might try to redo it.

So, I think that's what I'm gonna work on here and there when the next semester starts. After all, I won't have to do much backstory work and such on it.

You guys will get to see the original inspiration for Tarrin's appearance and Allia's fighting ability. I based them on Fox.

For those of you who may not know the backstory about Fox the Wanderer, well....

After over one hundred years of being a rootless, wandering adventurer, Fox the Wanderer has decided to settle down.

A legendary adventurer whose name is known from Kara-Tur to the Moonshae Isles for his daring and exploits, this living legend has decided that he's had enough of living out of a pack and has decided to make a place for himself, intent on carving his own bit of order out of the trackless wilderness of the West. He has set his sights on the ruins of Dragonspear, with the dream of pushing out the bandits of the High Moor and rebuilding the keep into the home of his dreams.

This decision, naturally, creates both worry and intrigue in the West, for the appearance of a new kingdom on the trade road to Waterdeep cannot help but plunge Fox into the black depths of politics, and all the unsavory things that come with it.

Someone as old and well-seasoned as Fox has had time to make both many friends and many enemies. When word of the legendary wanderer's intent becomes known, both old friends and bitter enemies flock to the West to either aid him or kill him.

Fox the Wanderer is about to learn what happens when a long-toothed adventurer with a past longer than the history of some nations decides to settle down, and learn that just because he wants to settle down in one place, tired of seeking out adventure, well, sometimes adventure has ways of seeking out him.

Fox trades the boots of a wanderer for the mantle of a ruler, and discovers that sometimes playing the game of politics and being in one place for his enemies to find him can be even more exciting and dangerous than his former rootless existence.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
fear1222
Sorcerer

Re: Nostalgia.

Post by fear1222 »

Ok, Super exited!!! :D :D

and I'm first!!
Eurasier
Sorcerer

Post by Eurasier »

May there be wolves :wink:
More power to the werewolves!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Humm Sounds like fun ........you just love to tease :roll:

Aww the Addiction has set in once again <sigh>

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

great m8
now please do go on???
thanks

ham
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Sounds like a great new world fel. Can't wait!
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
bjeane
Initiate

Post by bjeane »

Waiting,waiting,waiting. :| :D
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Ugh.... Fel is going to make me start visiting this site daily again. Just when I thought I could wind down the addiction with cold turkey. And what did I do ... reread the whole subjugation series again so that I can have a continuation to insurrection... I am determine to this treatment.... arrrrrghhh ... Thanks Fel.. hehe :D
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

I remember this was one of those story ideas that Fel put forward to a vote, sometime back (if I am not wrong something like 5 or 6 story ideas) ... we did put to a vote although I cannot remember which got th most votes.... It must have gotten buried somewhere...
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.