ok...first off, nobody kill me.

Fel
Weavespinner

ok...first off, nobody kill me.

Post by Fel »

As you guys know I've been bouncing around all over for the last few months, writing this, writing that, banging out short stories, basicly just trying to find some new direction.

Well, I done went and did it again.

After checking out some stuff out there, and my genuine impression with Better Days and Sabrina, I done went and did something very, very bad (at least to some of you).

I decided to see if I could write in the "furry" genre.

I've been toying with a storyline that's quite unusual to me. It's a (nearly) normal guy (a fox), a normal gal (a cat), and nothing but their backgrounds that gives my own personal need to go "big" and be dramatic.

It's been oddly challenging. I'm kinda restricted here to like, normal things. No magic, no hyper-technology, just real life. I've never done a piece on "real life," and I'm almost puzzled about how to go about it.

Though some of you might hate the furry genre, at least for me, this attempt at, like, normal stuff has been quite curious.

I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna release this as soon as I finish the chapter. I'm still trying to iron out just how to do this. Besides, I want opinions...if I try to write furry, will I get lynched?

Eh, it's good for me, in a way. Hopefully, by trying stretch my usual boundaries and trying out a new genre, I can get better as a writer.

After I work it out of my system, it'll be back to big explosions and the usual brouhaha. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: ok...first off, nobody kill me.

Post by Hearly »

Nothing wrong with trying to stretch your abilities, I look forward to see it.
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

Well ... not an auspicious topic title.

Are you talking furry as in costumes or furry as in animorphic?

Costumes is definitely a normal story with characters that perhaps have some issues. Animorphic, well it's sort of like Sennadar (or part of it) without magic. And can a dog and a cat really get along?

If you must, you must. I would certainly prefer more in Subjugation, but I'll take what I can get. Go for it.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Well I'm sorry we won't see any Fox-kicking-butt chapters but I can see how the would interesting for you. I'm curious to see it. I do read a lot of things but I hope you won't go all love-soap-opera-clothing-describing-feeling-expressing on us...
Gladiatory2k
Talent

Post by Gladiatory2k »

Wow! How many stories do you have rolling around in your head? :shock:

I usually have pretty vivid dreams (yes I dreamed about both Sennadar and Faey many times - including one crossover!) I can usually remember them, and in the case of tarrin's stories, can actually feel exhausted by them. Now, if I had the number for stories rolling around in my head that you have in yours, I don't think I would have a decent night's sleep in years.

That being said, it will be interesting to see what you come up with!
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

i just would love to read them all m8
it sure would be interesting to follow
please do it soon,,,
thanks

ham
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

Go for it - you are spending your time and giving it to us for free.

If we hate it, we can always kill you later.... er, with the rest of Legacy still to write, the Fox and the Hawk, and the next Subjugation arc - people might decide to kill me for even suggesting harming you. :shock: :oops:
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Of course we won't kill him, just torture him a little bit....just to get him in the right direction... :twisted:
Anyway Fifer is first on the list...
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Metatrone wrote:Of course we won't kill him, just torture him a little bit....just to get him in the right direction... :twisted:
Anyway Fifer is first on the list...

Heck to torture him, all we'd have to do is lock him in a room with Fifer for a few days... he'd be willing to write anything to get out of there :twisted:
Gladiatory2k
Talent

Post by Gladiatory2k »

my sadistic idea of torture: Glue him to a chair, that is bolted in front of a computer and have itunes on that computer playing Yoko Ono songs.

secong idea for torture: 1 room, 4 video walls, all playing the same episode of Full House.

that will break anyone....then again I think there is the possiblity that would just drive anyone insane, so forget what I said.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Gladiatory2k wrote:my sadistic idea of torture: (...) a computer and have itunes on that computer
Whoa there, that's a bit extreme. Installing iTunes is surely against at least one of the Geneva Conventions on human rights.

Waterboarding: Well, okay,
iTunes: Sheesh. Take it easy there, we want to break the man, not kill him outright.

:D
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Yeah go for it Fel. I don't mind reading Furry stuff. But I have to ask one question... What is it about cats and foxes that you like so much?
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Spec8472 wrote:
Gladiatory2k wrote:my sadistic idea of torture: (...) a computer and have itunes on that computer
Whoa there, that's a bit extreme. Installing iTunes is surely against at least one of the Geneva Conventions on human rights.

Waterboarding: Well, okay,
iTunes: Sheesh. Take it easy there, we want to break the man, not kill him outright.

:D
Why do you think we use so much Tin Foil .....it protects us from Itunes

Itunes can't penetrate Tin Foil :evil: :twisted:

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
D.F. Thompson
Sorcerer

Post by D.F. Thompson »

Well first of I consider my self a furry, and an avid reader. So far I've enjoyed all the stories you've written so far. As for Kit so far you've stuck to the idea of producing a true to life story, placed in a furry setting. And so far ever thing is believeable in the fact it could or would happen in real life. I wouldn't be surprised to find families like you've shown us. So far it's been a well writen story showing us that your an extremely versatile author. Capable of writing about any thing you apply your vast and sometimes evil imagination to. Keep up the good work Fel.

Scream now and run away. You'll save time latter.
I know that the voices in my head aren't real.
But they do have some damned good ideas. = ~.^ =