Update

aberia
Sorcerer

Re: Update

Post by aberia »

Fel,

since u r thinking about getting u'r works published.....i suggest u start with the collection u alredy have . i.e. The Tarrin KAel Series (seven completed books and one on the verge of being completed). Most of these will only require cosmetic changes or a little bit of editing....... if u r sucsessful in getting a publisher to back u.

thanks
cyberia
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

aberia wrote:Fel,

since u r thinking about getting u'r works published.....i suggest u start with the collection u alredy have . i.e. The Tarrin KAel Series (seven completed books and one on the verge of being completed). Most of these will only require cosmetic changes or a little bit of editing....... if u r sucsessful in getting a publisher to back u.

thanks
cyberia
Maybe baen would let you keep your current works free on the internet yet publish them and your new books? That seems to be what they do with their current books.
~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Dravok
Novice

Post by Dravok »

I, for one, would love a hard copy of the Kael Chronicles. I know of many people who would love your work, Fel, but I can't get them to read e-books. It'd be easy to expand your reader base by a couple dozen people if I had hard copies to share.
The Evil Bastard, Dravok
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

aberia wrote:Fel,

thanks
cyberia
Aberia, I think most book publishers at least for a first book, want something that has not been published anywhere, Now if Fel could get his foot in the door, he might be able to use the Tarrin books either as Foot in door (as in saying this is what I've written before, hence my style, etc.), or if his first book would sell Well, they might publish them at that point.

And if Fel would be able to get a book published, I'd go buy 2-3 copies just to help with the sales, Heck if Mick Foley can get a book on the NY Times bestseller list, Fel should be able to too..
Sage4Eros
Initiate

Post by Sage4Eros »

I don't like to read stories online, although I obviously make exceptions. I like to re-read favorite novels- of which Fel's books are. As a result, I would buy Fel's books (if they were published) in heartbeat.
Trekkie
Initiate

Post by Trekkie »

I would buy a hard copy as well.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Trekkie wrote:I would buy a hard copy as well.
Heck, I told my wife that these stories were my favorite and to try and read them. If they were editted for spelling errors and printed I would have over 50 people to share it with who are all turned off by reading an e-book.
~michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
SparkTiger2
Novice

Post by SparkTiger2 »

I don't see why people would hate reading e books. some of the best books ive read are e books. oh and i would totally buy a the kael series if it was a book.
If a man is not willing to die for something he believes in, he is not fit to live at all.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

I too agree about buying any of Fel's books if they were in print. But I also like ebook versions better than print. I carry all my ebooks with me on my PDA. I use iSilo to convert ebooks I find on the internet to a format I can carry with me. Nice thing with it being a PDA I can read in the dark due to the backlighting of the screen.

J-Man5
Texfire
Sorcerer

Post by Texfire »

I've actually considered getting a PDA for just that purpose. I'm still waiting for the E book with writable ram in the spine, a power supply and magnetic ink for writing the pages. Get done with the one you're reading? Download another into the spine.

Tex
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Texfire wrote:I'm still waiting for the E book with writable ram in the spine, a power supply and magnetic ink for writing the pages.
The Diamond Age, here we come... ;)
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Texfire wrote:I've actually considered getting a PDA for just that purpose. I'm still waiting for the E book with writable ram in the spine, a power supply and magnetic ink for writing the pages. Get done with the one you're reading? Download another into the spine.

Tex
Willie Nelson wrote a song about this once... he called it "Living in the Promised Land." :twisted:
tyx2
Novice

Post by tyx2 »

bugger it i love to read i dont really care what format just as long as i have something to read, i do think we need to support place like bean,

i just got a pda, handy if i have to travel and dont really want to lug my laptop round with me, for the last 7 weeks its been sitting on top my TV i keep wondering why i do these things i dont really need it i dont have so much money that i that i can afford to waste some, i think i do it just to see if it will be handy then i forget were i put it, stick it in the fridge give it to one of my brothers or something even more intresting like glue it to park bench and watch ppl try to take it with out it looking like there taking it

but back to main point as long as i can read some of you stuff ill buy it from a book store from bean or were eever you decide to put it just remember you uk fans