I wish...

michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

I wish...

Post by michaelsuave »

I'm bored like Locher, but there are stars out tonight so... star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have my wish granted tonight.... :? :? :? :?

Ok Fel, this is the part where you miraculously come online and post a new chapter to Subjugation or Demon's bane... :wink:

:evil: Ah.... suck! Guess wishes don't come true. And I bet the easter bunny is fake also! :cry:
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Re: I wish...

Post by Fawks »

ROFL :lol:
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

yah yah yah.

Binter dinged 75 yesterday, so I'll be picking up the writing in a few days, after I grind about 10 AAs. Won't take long. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Ah grinding... may I count thy ways and times...
I've done that on so many games... I wish it worked in real life, then my wife would be a better cook.... :shock: Thank God my wife doesn't check this forum... :shock:
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:yah yah yah.

Binter dinged 75 yesterday, so I'll be picking up the writing in a few days, after I grind about 10 AAs. Won't take long. ;)
hehe, I'm trying to get my mage to 60 in WOW, but keep getting tied up with my main toon (shaman) and doing raids or out making cash, I can't wait for the expansion, so I can grind again to get both toons to 70 (mage right now is 50)

Gotta love time sinks...
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Speaking of that time, it's that time.

I should start on the next chapter of Demon's Bane sometime this week. I just have a few minor things to do IRL, and I should have time.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:Ah grinding... may I count thy ways and times...
I've done that on so many games... I wish it worked in real life, then my wife would be a better cook.... :shock: Thank God my wife doesn't check this forum... :shock:
Ah, but we have our ways... :twisted:
Fel wrote:I should start on the next chapter of Demon's Bane sometime this week. I just have a few minor things to do IRL, and I should have time.
WAHOO!!! Are you done yet are you done yet are you done yet are you done yet are you done yet are you done yet.... sorry.... Got a little excited there. :twisted:
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what's grinding?

Sounds like the tedious period of time you spend leveling up a character by repeatedly killing the same monsters, but I'm not sure.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Mark_Reed wrote:Excuse me for my ignorance, but what's grinding?

Sounds like the tedious period of time you spend leveling up a character by repeatedly killing the same monsters, but I'm not sure.
For not being sure, you've managed a bullseye.

That's exactly what grinding is. Spending an inordinate amount of time killing the same thing, regardless of what it gives in cash/items because it's easy to kill and gives decent xp.

See 69.1 Hard for an example. LOL
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Quindo Ma
Sorcerer

Post by Quindo Ma »

Grinding isn't only referred to in regards to leveling up, it's generally (at least in the games I've played in) the term for doing something specific (killing monsters, collecting herbs, repeating quests, etc) for extended periods of time to achieve a single specific goal (eg. gaining a level, making money, crafting something, etc).

Grinding quickly becomes boring, often tedious, due to the constant repetition, therefor is generally not done with great enthusiasm (at least, not after a while).
For example, in World of Warcraft I recently spent an inordinate amount of time doing the same instance over and over because i wanted to reach the highest reputation level with a certain faction. Now that I've accomplished that, I plan to never step foot in there again.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Quindo Ma wrote:Grinding isn't only referred to in regards to leveling up, it's generally (at least in the games I've played in) the term for doing something specific (killing monsters, collecting herbs, repeating quests, etc) for extended periods of time to achieve a single specific goal (eg. gaining a level, making money, crafting something, etc).

Grinding quickly becomes boring, often tedious, due to the constant repetition, therefor is generally not done with great enthusiasm (at least, not after a while).
For example, in World of Warcraft I recently spent an inordinate amount of time doing the same instance over and over because i wanted to reach the highest reputation level with a certain faction. Now that I've accomplished that, I plan to never step foot in there again.
Now was that scholo for AD rep, ZG for Zalander tribe rep or one of the AQ's for brood/CC rep? :P :P :P

Yeah I play World of Warcraft :( I have a 60 priest in tier 2, a 60 rogue in blues and I'm currently leveling a mage (at 27 at the moment)

Btw watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hfK3RQs2g&search=
Quindo Ma
Sorcerer

Post by Quindo Ma »

It was AD (needed to get Naxx attuned, and I'm too cheap to buy the revered entry), I'm already exalted with ZT and CC is still in the works (want the mace). Yes, priest here too, (almost) full T2 (coulda had the shoulders if i hadn't been too tired to join one raid).

As for the video, I've seen it, and I still believe that to be utter BS. Any parent that lets their 15 year old child drop out of school to play something all day long isn't doing their job. And instead of trying to fix it, they call the media so we can once again blame everything on the big bad video games. *pfah!*
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

My thoughts were the same, the mother looked like a crack whore and he probably wouldn't listen to her if he wasn't playing WoW anyway ;)

Go Go blaming a game on parenting issues.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

So back to the original intent of this thread... wishing... hmm, the stars didn't help... so the horoscope is not going to work. Hmm, maybe I can assertain an idea of when fel will write again from reading my tea leaves? :shock:

*makes tea, drinks tea.....

*forgets not to drink leaves also

*makes tea, drinks tea .... (not leaves)

*tea leaves form the head of the "grim"

:shock: :shock: CRAP!!! snake eyes again! And no story. I don't know which one is worse, no story, or the fact that the tea leaves say I'm going to die... probably that there is no story. :cry:

~Michael
(if you don't know what the grim is, you don't read harry potter)

Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

There's been a delay to starting writing again...IRL issues I thought I could get cleared up by now are proving resistant. I'm gonna do my best to get to work on the next chapter tomorrow.