Tarrin dilemma  (might be SPOILER)

MISER
Katzh-dashi

Re: Tarrin dilemma  (might be SPOILER)

Post by MISER »

OK, I ADMIT IHAVE NOT FOLLOWED THE FORUMS AS CLOSELY AS I USED TO SO MAYBE I AM WAY OFF TRACK HERE.

BUT HERES WHAT I SEE. TARRINS SOUL IS NO PART OF A FIRESTAFF CREATION. HIS SOUL WAS HELD IN RESERVE IN THE CAT AMULET THAT NIAMI FOUND AND USED WITH HIS HAIR TO RECREATE HIM.

TARRINS DIVINITY IS IN PART A CREATION AND LINK, WITH THE POSSESION AND USE, OF THE FIRESTAFF AND THE BLACK SWORD.

TARRINS PROBLEMS WITH THE GOD GROUP IS HIS DIVINITY AS A BEING UNPLANNED FOR. HIS USE HOWEVER INNOCENTOR/PLANNED OF THE FIRESTAFF CAUSED HIM FOR A PERIOD TO BE THE SAME AS VAL A THREAT TO THE GODS. THAT THESE GODS ARE PARANOID IN THEIR MIND'S, DOESN'T MEAN TARRIN, LIKE VAL, ISN'T OUT TO GET THEM.

NIAMI, THE DESERT GODDESS, KIKULI ETC,, AND THE AMAZONS GODDESS ARE ALL SUPPORTERS OF TARRINS... TO THE OTHER GODS IT LOOKS LIKE A GROUP THREATENING THEM. GODS AS A STANDARD ARE JEALOUS BEINGS.

REMEMBER THESE GODS DONT FOLLOW THE TRUE NATURE OF DIVINITY ANYWAY. TRUE DIVINITY IS OMNI PRESENT, OMIN POTENT, AND OMNICIENT. SO GOD KNOW'S THE TRUTH ANYWAY. THESE "GOD'S" HAVE TO LEARN OR MAKE IT UP AS THEY GO... JUST A FAILING OF LITERATURE.

THE FIRESTAFF IS STILL THE KICKER. LET US SUPPOSE TARRIN LIVES TO BE A GOOD "OLD" WERECAT AND SURVIVES ANOTHER 5000 YEARS WHEN THE STAFF ACTIVATES AGAIN. HE TOUCHES IT AND IT CAUSES HIM TO BECOME A GREATER GOD. THEN HE IS NO LONGER A DEMI-GOD AS HES BEEN DESCRIBED NOW AND IS AGAIN A TOTAL THREAT TO THE PARANOIA PACK.

SO WE NEED TWO THINGS HERE, ONE FOR THE FIRESTAFF TO BE SENT AWAY SOMEWHERE SAFE FOR ETERNITY OR AT LEAST SAFER THAN IT IS NOW, EVEN  IN TARRINS POSSESION FOR THE LONG TERM BIG PICTURE OUTLOOK ON THINGS. AND WE NEED TARRIN TO BE ACCEPTED BY THE PARANOIA PACK FOR WHAT EVER IS TO HAPPEN, BECAUSE I JUST DONT SEE TARRINS EVICTION FROM SENNADAR AND THE WORLD OF HIS BIRTH AS ACCEPTABLE TO TARRIN, HIS LOVED ONES, THE GODS WHO LOVE AND CARE FOR HIM ETC...... EXILE TO THIS WORLD... WHEN HES TO RETURN THE DWARVES AND OTHERS OF NIAMIS CHILDREN,        NOPE TARRINS HAD ENOUGH FALSE GOD SYNDROME HERE TO LAST HIM A WORLDS LIFETIME.

I WONDER IF TARRIN CANT SOMEHOW MAGICALLY AND OR DIVINELY SURRENDER HIS DIVINITY BACK INTO THE FIRESTAFF AND THUS RETURN TO A SAFER STATUS THAN HE IS NOW IN THE EYES OF THE PARANOIA PACK... BECAUSE HIS DIVINITY SUCH AS IT IS AND CONTINUED POSSESION OF THE FIRESTAFF ARE ANCHORS IN THE MINDS OF THE OTHER GODS AGAINST HIM AND ACCEPTANCE OF HIM. OR OF HIS FREEDOM.

TARRIN UNFORTUNATELY IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE AS THE TOOL THEY FORGED HIM TO BE.

SO WHATCHA GONNA DO? WELL THATS THE QUESTION FOR FEL, AND WHY WERE ALL STILL READING AND HOOKED, ISN'T IT?

JOHN
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Tarrin's soul is still a creation of the Firestaff. That's why he had to use the cat statue, since if his soul didn't have anywhere to go it would have been obliterated, like Val's was.  Regardless of how it got into his new body, the Firestaff's touch is still on his soul.  The only link he might have to something else is to Niami, since she held his soul inside of hers while she was recreating his body.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
avitchel
Sorcerer

Post by avitchel »

Interestingly enough, Niami was doing something with that very same cat statue. Is there some resonance or residual effect still in place? As to Tarrins soul, the Firestaff probably transmuted his mortal soul. Not necessarily the same as creating a new god soul. As his powers start to be more and more attuned to Pyrosia, it seems that Tarrin is becoming involved with protecting the Pyrosians. At first it was just his mission, then rescue Kimmie (kill the Mage<G>) and his mission. Now he's actively protecting Orcs. He's definitely influenced some Shadow types. It's a given that he's got at least one follower. He's rapidly becoming a candiate for the Pyrosian pantheon. Strange thought, a living idol!
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

miser wrote:THE FIRESTAFF IS STILL THE KICKER. LET US SUPPOSE TARRIN LIVES TO BE A GOOD "OLD" WERECAT AND SURVIVES ANOTHER 5000 YEARS WHEN THE STAFF ACTIVATES AGAIN. HE TOUCHES IT AND IT CAUSES HIM TO BECOME A GREATER GOD. THEN HE IS NO LONGER A DEMI-GOD AS HES BEEN DESCRIBED NOW AND IS AGAIN A TOTAL THREAT TO THE PARANOIA PACK.
The time when Firestaff is active is very short. You have to hold it at certain time IIRC in certain way to use it's power to become God (or gain/regain more divine power). Given that Tarrin didn't want to become a God to be a God, Tarrin himself or another Werecat would be the best Guardian for a Firestaff.

BTW. Have a Shift key, use it instead of Caps-Lock!
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

shadowhawk wrote:BTW. Have a Shift key, use it instead of Caps-Lock!
He's at work. They only have Caps there.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

weresmilodon wrote:He's at work. They only have Caps there.
i'd rather he use no caps at all, if his shift doesn't work. i think it is much more readable than all caps. besides, i don't like shouting ;-)
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

I think you missunderstood. The computors at his workplace are locked. He can't use anything but Caps there.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

weresmilodon wrote:I think you missunderstood. The computors at his workplace are locked. He can't use anything but Caps there.
Ohh... That's bad. Bad, bad, bad...
Belgarion

Post by Belgarion »

Remember that when Tarrin assended into his God form one of his aspects was the Protecter of Sennadar. Perhaps this has been taken as the Protected of the realm he is in. So now he is the protecter of Pyrosia.
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

A couple people have mentioned the idea of putting Tarrin under a geas as a possible solution. Whether or not that would work isn't what I wanted to bring up, so let's assume it would work.

Tarrin surely wouldn't (okay, *wasn't*) the *only* god of duty. Isn't there another duty god around that can do a geas? And for that matter, couldn't any god do a geas? They're GODS after all. Tarrin can do the geas as part of the 'shadow' of his former powers. I would think that anyone with the 'full package' would be able to do it. And of not, we're back to just using some other god of duty. Karas perhaps? I haven't read the early books lately and forget exactly what aspects are linked with Karas.

Oh, thanks for explaining about the caps lock. I had always thought the shouting was just by choice. Not that it was any of my buiseness in the first place, but it's nice to know the reason.  ;)
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Okay, here's an idea which is different. What if he used his divine powers to shapeshift into a were-cat. This way he wouldn't have direct use of his powers. If he could somehow make the way he returns to his divine-were-cat form to say the firestaff so that maybe just before it becomes active that way he is only technically a god at the point in time when he is of use to the elder gods and so they only have to worry about him every five thousand years.
Lochar     Jul 1st, 2004, 10:38pm
His soul is still a complete creation of the Firestaff I think.  If he dies, it's still gonna be destroyed, which means that it is.  If his soul was still part Aiyse's creation, Death would be able to take him once he dies.  
But there could be an ironic twist that when he dies he could be transformed into a younger god because he has a true follower of the faith *coughmistcough*.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

journeywoman wrote:But there could be an ironic twist that when he dies he could be transformed into a younger god because he has a true follower of the faith *cough*Mist*cough*.
Now that is the fine idea. I don't know if it is possible, as there need to be something (like icon) to anchor his soul. Do the gods die? What happens to them after their death (like losing followers or destroyed icon for Lesser Gods)?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

When Val died, he did not resurrect as a Younger God.  As a God, if an icon is destroyed, they have to withdraw to the other plane where to Gods truly live until the time where they can recreate their icon.

Mortals cannot get into this realm, even with the Firestaff turning them into a God.  An icon is what holds their power while they are on the planet.  Take that away, and they can't do anything but withdraw until it is recreated.  Children of the Firestaff, such as Tarrin and Val, cannot withdraw and have no place to keep their divine essence.   Tarrin, with the cat statuette, managed to create a soul trap so tuned to him, that even when his soul was changed it was still able to trap it, so that he DID have somewhere to go.  Val was so overbearing that he never thought he may lose.  Had he done something like Tarrin did, Val could have came back as a human with a Firestaff soul.  Remember, Niami was congradulating him on leaving instructions is the Weave of the soul trap on how to fix him, if Niami couldn't tell/do it for them. And Val probably would have came back with all of his knowledge too, since Niami took those memories from him.  The you would have had what happens when Tarrin goes divine, but all of the time.

Damn, that was a long post.

Support my brother.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

I know what Fel is planning, buhahaha.

Well at least before he started changing everything, I haven't talked to him in awhile so I'm not sure if this particular part of the story has been kept the same but I think it will have been.

Journeywoman let me say, your shapeshifting and locking away his powers idea is interesting.

Got to love making pointless posts which make people want to know more  ;D
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

greymist wrote:I know what Fel is planning, buhahaha.

Well at least before he started changing everything, I haven't talked to him in awhile so I'm not sure if this particular part of the story has been kept the same but I think it will have been.

Journeywoman let me say, your shapeshifting and locking away his powers idea is interesting.

Got to love making pointless posts which make people want to know more  ;D

Is this about the PM you sent me a LONG time ago, explaining about the Firestaff and the like?  *grin*  I'd think Fel would change that around a little, but I'd love to see Tarrin get his paws on the Pyrosian version.

Support my brother.