what going on ? [site / server problem]

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Re: what going on ? [site / server problem]

Post by Fiferguy »

Mizriath wrote:It makes me wonder how a greek geek ever talks to an italian hotshot jock.
Usually in Pig Latin.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Fiferguy wrote:
Mizriath wrote:It makes me wonder how a greek geek ever talks to an italian hotshot jock.
Usually in Pig Latin.
Hehehe.... and the jock take that as an insult.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

gnume wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:
gnume wrote:thanks for the info.

windows sure is heavy on space it takes on a hard drive
basic linux install + apache + mysql is at max 2.5 GB
It's hardly a basic install of Windows. Most of it isn't Sennadar-related.
ah. but if you using emulation why not put senandar(and all other websites) on one of its own ? so if there a breach there it wont effect the rest of the systems
Yeah, you forget one thing: I'm lazy. Most of my new stuff is seperated, but sennadar and my blog are still there... along with a bunch of older cruft.
dawich
Novice

Post by dawich »

Spec8472 wrote:
gnume wrote:[
ah. but if you using emulation why not put senandar(and all other websites) on one of its own ? so if there a breach there it wont effect the rest of the systems
Yeah, you forget one thing: I'm lazy. Most of my new stuff is seperated, but sennadar and my blog are still there... along with a bunch of older cruft.
'snot emulation, it's virtualization, and not only more work for Spec than he wants to spend, but it's an extra license, unless the box has a license for Data Center or Enterprise.
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

dawich wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:
gnume wrote: ah. but if you using emulation why not put senandar(and all other websites) on one of its own ? so if there a breach there it wont effect the rest of the systems
'snot emulation, it's virtualization, and not only more work for Spec than he wants to spend, but it's an extra license, unless the box has a license for Data Center or Enterprise.
duh. forgot about that i usually work with linux and xen