Everquest or Everquest2?

Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Re: Everquest or Everquest2?

Post by Halcyon »

Wicketklown001 wrote:I didn't play the original version of swg so I can't really comment on it. The majority of people (even the ones that still play it) say that the devs ruined it after the NGE (think that stands for new game edition or something) update. I didn't think it was all that bad but perhaps that's because I didn't have any preconceived notions about it from before the updates. To me it played more like a single player game than a MMO (somewhat like a FPS with crafting thrown in). There is a fairly modest playerbase though so the game must still have some appeal. There are personal vehicles for travel but I think they would have been more fun if they could allow weapons to be mounted on them. They did have space combat which was cool but I sucked at it so I didn't do as much with that. All in all if I had to rate the game on a 5 point scale I'd give it a 2.5 .... it's somewhat interesting since it's one of the few mmorpgs not set in medieval/fantasy setting, but overall nothing special.

Thanks for the info!
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
Charles M. Schulz