Are you ready for some Football!!!!!

Fel
Weavespinner

Are you ready for some Football!!!!!

Post by Fel »

That's why there's no writing today, or much of anything else.

Since my Redskins were already knocked out of the playoffs, I'll have to root for my sister's favorite team, New England. Her assimilation into Maine culture was complete. ;)

btw, this is American football I'm talking about. The best sport ever invented!

Go Patriots!
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Are you ready for some Football!!!!!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:That's why there's no writing today, or much of anything else.

Since my Redskins were already knocked out of the playoffs, I'll have to root for my sister's favorite team, New England. Her assimilation into Maine culture was complete. ;)

Go Patriots!
I really really hope the Patriots Lose.

Now before you start flaming me let me explain..

Yes they had a perfect season and it would be a nice cap to win the superbowl, BUT the cheating they got busted for at the beginning of the season will always be a little Star at the end of the record saying they got nailed for cheating, I'd rather them win it all cleanly than have that taint over there record..

I'd really like to see the Packers win it all, that way Farve can retire with a superbowl win as being his last game..
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

I've been trying to understand this obsession you guys have with American football...I still fail miserably...This is the only sport that can be tactical and mindless at the same time...I love all kinds of strange sports but the only thrill I get from your "football" is the possibility for brains and guts spilling out...

Good luck to your teams anyway :)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Football is about just that. It's a sport about strategy and tactics, but it all boils down to who can basicly pound the snot out of the other guy.

Unlike any other sport, it's a sport that relies on the tactical ability of its players, but also depends on their physical toughness and power in addition to their talent. It's the perfect mix of Sun Tzu and the World Wrestling Federation. ;)

To be a good football player, you have to have talent.

To be a GREAT football player, you have to be both talented and smart.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Hearly wrote:
Fel wrote:That's why there's no writing today, or much of anything else.

Go Patriots!
I really really hope the Patriots Lose.

Now before you start flaming me let me explain..

Yes they had a perfect season and it would be a nice cap to win the superbowl, BUT the cheating they got busted for at the beginning of the season will always be a little Star at the end of the record saying they got nailed for cheating, I'd rather them win it all cleanly than have that taint over there record..

I'd really like to see the Packers win it all, that way Farve can retire with a superbowl win as being his last game..
Forget that star. That happened in the very first game of the season, if you don't recall. Ever since then, they've won every game with everyone watching them like a hawk.
montie1123
Sorcerer

Post by montie1123 »

1 win cheating is still one win cheating. IF they win the SB with a "Perfect" season, it will always be mared by that cheating. The whole hay they cheated for X number of games its not really a perfect season if they had to cheat to win even 1 game. I rather see the packers win then the Pats come back next year and do it right. Hmmm maybe Fel will get all hyped up and end up writing a chapter after the game or during halftime or something :twisted:
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I foresee the next chapter, 58 pages....

Filled with row after row of:

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Hey, I'd rather read that then my accounting textbook for the exam next week so start typing. :D (and no copy/paste please)

Btw. I get how playing can be fun but watching it is insane...and the players may start little Einsteins but after that much head pounding I'm kinda surprised they can tie their own shoelaces
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

*ahem*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in the Superbowl! :P
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:*ahem*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in the Superbowl! :P

heh, hopefully Green Bay wins there game, would like to see farve end his career with a win there.. (if he decides to retire)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Yah, I'm gonna root for Green Bay myself, but this game should be fun...it's gonna be another Ice Bowl :D
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

I could start by saying "What is American football???? - Is it WWF chasing a an elongated ball?"

But well I play soccer and that is Gymnasts chasing a round ball and tried to dive whenever they get bumped and call for a foul... its becoming more theatrics ... while you get bruised in American Football like a routine.

Patriots ?? Do they carry missiles in their armor? Ugh..
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Giants deserved that.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

heh, that was an ugly game.

But it makes the Superbowl interesting. The team going for a perfect record against one of the toughest road teams in the league. It's definitely not gonna be a phone-in game.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Suprisingly enough, I saw a few moments of this game (I assume, whatever was on Fox Sports 3-Aus at around 2:30) when going to pick up my (late) lunch at a sandwich shop.

I don't really "get" any sports. Some friends wonder if I'm actually an Aussie.