I WISH this was an April Fool's Day joke.

Fel
Weavespinner

I WISH this was an April Fool's Day joke.

Post by Fel »

Listen everyone.

I came on the board from school and found MYSELF logged on. Whoever that was, it was NOT me. Either someone guessed my password, or someone at home was using my computer and was sitting on my home page (the message board) at the same time I checked the board from school.

Given that I'm paranoid, I went with the "guessed password" option, and took action accordingly.

My password's already been changed. Guess that's my own fault for not changing my pass for a while.

I caught it before it seems any overt changes/damage was caused, as I see no deleted threads or such.

However, if you have received any PMs or otherwise strange or unusual things from me today, forward a copy to Spec and/or myself. If you do find anything unusual over the next few days, let us know and we'll fix it.

I apologize to everyone for any problems this may cause. Clearly it's my own fault for both not choosing a more secure password and not changing it. Guess I figured nobody would ever even bother to try to hack my account. There's like no gain in it outside of harassing our little community.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: I WISH this was an April Fool's Day joke.

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:Listen everyone.

I came on the board from school and found MYSELF logged on. Whoever that was, it was NOT me. Either someone guessed my password, or someone at home was using my computer and was sitting on my home page (the message board) at the same time I checked the board from school.

Given that I'm paranoid, I went with the "guessed password" option, and took action accordingly.

My password's already been changed. Guess that's my own fault for not changing my pass for a while.

I caught it before it seems any overt changes/damage was caused, as I see no deleted threads or such.

However, if you have received any PMs or otherwise strange or unusual things from me today, forward a copy to Spec and/or myself. If you do find anything unusual over the next few days, let us know and we'll fix it.

I apologize to everyone for any problems this may cause. Clearly it's my own fault for both not choosing a more secure password and not changing it. Guess I figured nobody would ever even bother to try to hack my account. There's like no gain in it outside of harassing our little community.
Fel, you sure maybe that your computer at home wasn't on and left on the website? I mean if someone went through the trouble of hacking you, I'd figured they'd so something.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Well, the mystery has been solved.

It turns out that my mother came over and used my computer (I have internet, she doesn't), and she left my computer turned on by accident, with my browser open...so, I saw myself logged on from school.

No damage done, and hell, I needed to change my password anyway, it was way too easy. ;)

So, move along, nothing to see other than me over-reacting and going all postal. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:Well, the mystery has been solved.

It turns out that my mother came over and used my computer (I have internet, she doesn't), and she left my computer turned on by accident, with my browser open...so, I saw myself logged on from school.

No damage done, and hell, I needed to change my password anyway, it was way too easy. ;)

So, move along, nothing to see other than me over-reacting and going all postal. ;)
With your administrative powers and stuff, you can see IPs you (or any other user) have logged in from... So, if it happens again, you can check to see if it's the same as your home IP (it'll tell you "x sessions from this IP" or something)
IdiotPaste
Sorcerer

Post by IdiotPaste »

Paranoia is the first stage of M&M dependency.
"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
Gladiatory2k
Talent

Post by Gladiatory2k »

Paranoia can keep us from getting lazy.

Then again, if Fel WERE to go nuts, it would definitely make for some interesting reading!
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

God, Fel, soon you'll be chasing and barking at your tail. The b*stard just won't stop chasing you :D
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

IdiotPaste wrote:Paranoia is the first stage of M&M dependency.
Is it paranoia when they* actually ARE out to get you?

*The "they" in this case is whoever is determined to kidnap Fel and force him to finish any specific storyline
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Mad Monk wrote: *The "they" in this case is whoever is determined to kidnap Fel and force him to finish any specific storyline
any specific? Try all of them!!!
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
IdiotPaste
Sorcerer

Post by IdiotPaste »

"It was you! I was going to expose you."

"I know, so I choose to expose myself."

"Please! There are ladies present."

Sorry, I was reading the thread and this just popped into my head. Can anyone name the movie it's from?
"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
Finn
Initiate

Post by Finn »

IdiotPaste wrote:Sorry, I was reading the thread and this just popped into my head. Can anyone name the movie it's from?
Can we get a clue?

<.<

>.>

:P
hermit-bob
Novice
Location: somewhere where it gets frickin cold AND really hot.

Post by hermit-bob »

Paranoia is the irrational fear of prosecution by a person or persons. It doesn't mean they aren't out to get you, just that you no reasonable rationale for them being after you...

I hope they didn't hear that....
Where ever you go, there you are.
malystryx1500
Talent

Post by malystryx1500 »

Hi Fel,

I am not sure if this is related to you account, but I cannot download any files from the forums. All of the attachments that I tried to download are no longer available.

I tried the Edits to the "Tower of Sorcery" since I was going to update my local copy before I went through another re-read.

All I get now is the "the specified file is no longer available". I also tried to download a pre-package version that was upload around Christmas time, but it was giving me the same error message.