Shaeram pictures??

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Shaeram pictures??

Post by MommyDoom »

Hey guys, where did you all end up putting the shaeram pictures? I just got into Facebook and I'd like to make a piece of flair with a shaeram on it.

MommyDoom
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: Shaeram pictures??

Post by Spec8472 »

MommyDoom

Post by MommyDoom »

Man, and I SCOURED the wiki, too! How did I miss them? Did Fel ever indicate which one was most accurate?

Thanks Spec!
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

MommyDoom wrote:Man, and I SCOURED the wiki, too! How did I miss them? Did Fel ever indicate which one was most accurate?

Thanks Spec!
Hehe, there's a search function on the forums (top, right hand side) -- that's where I found the link, second or third result. :)

Wiki article on the Shaeram: http://wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/index. ... le=Shaeram

Fel talking about the Shaeram: http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.ph ... eram#p5397
MommyDoom

Post by MommyDoom »

EXCELLENT. Got a great weavespinner shaeram off that last discussion link. I have now added two shaerams to the Facebook Flair. They should be available tomorrow for those that Facebook.

MommyDoom
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

The wiki page died for me. Said it no longer existed. The other link led to a discussion forum that had several pics, but all the links were dead. It's like the files for the forum were moved to a different folder but the links didn't get changed. I know the messages are over three years old, but I would like to see if they improved what Fell said was almost perfect.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

lapland wrote:The wiki page died for me. Said it no longer existed. The other link led to a discussion forum that had several pics, but all the links were dead. It's like the files for the forum were moved to a different folder but the links didn't get changed. I know the messages are over three years old, but I would like to see if they improved what Fell said was almost perfect.
We switched forum software a few years back. The old links were being redirected for a while, but that appears to have gone away.

As for the wiki itself, that's currently in a broken state (as is the forum software itself) due to the current hosting arrangements. That's in the process of being fixed, but it'll take a few more days.

There is a search function, but is currently disabled until we move hosts.
tigger
Talent

Post by tigger »

Mommydoom,

Here are the two I posted back in the tread with fel a couple of years ago. I tried to edit the post and upload them agian but Spec has it locked.

With Back
With Back
Without back
Without back

Tigger
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

Thanks. They look awesome.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

And those are EXACTLY the way the Sui'Kun shaerams look.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
MommyDoom

Post by MommyDoom »

Fel wrote:And those are EXACTLY the way the Sui'Kun shaerams look.
I also added the Weavespinner shaeram to Facebook Flair.

MD
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

Just a quick question about copyright. If someone made one or two Shaerams, based on these designs, not for commercial gain, would that be OK?

I might attempt something in Brass or Silver at some stage.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Mad Monk wrote:Just a quick question about copyright. If someone made one or two Shaerams, based on these designs, not for commercial gain, would that be OK?

I'm not a lawyer, and I don't even play one on TV -- but: You cant copyright a physical thing -- patent, yes, but not copyright. You could copyright the blueprints, or other designs potentially.

I believe the way they get fake handbag/sneaker sellers is because they're using trademarked names, and/or patented designs.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Spec8472 wrote:
Mad Monk wrote:Just a quick question about copyright. If someone made one or two Shaerams, based on these designs, not for commercial gain, would that be OK?

I'm not a lawyer, and I don't even play one on TV -- but: You cant copyright a physical thing -- patent, yes, but not copyright. You could copyright the blueprints, or other designs potentially.

I believe the way they get fake handbag/sneaker sellers is because they're using trademarked names, and/or patented designs.
Trademark is what you are looking at. Unless Fel trademarked the Shaeram then the physical aspect of it is wide open, anyone could make one. An example of this is making a necklace using the red, white and blue ball that is on the side of a pepsi can they would be violating Pepsi Trademark since that ball is trademarked as the symbol of Pepsi (Just look on the side of a pepsi can it is worded right there). Fel could possibly trademark the Shaeram as it is the symbol he has used for his forums. Another example is the Nike Swoosh or any other symbol that is readily connected with a specific Compnay or product (The Golden Arches = McDonalds). That is the basis of Trademarks dating back thousands of years, these symbols are used as a means to identify a product to the company it came from and the reputation they have built up. That is why you can't use anything close to one of these trademarks since it can be viewed that you are trying to scam the consumer into believing you are a representative of the Trademarked company. However if you obtain permission from Fel to make a necklace using his "trademark" design then no action can be taken against you as long as you don't violate the agreement that you work out.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

I'm not a lawyer, but my understanding is that an image can be copyrighted, and creating a three dimensional representation of that image would be regarded as a breach of that copyright.

I don't want to just pinch someone's creative efforts.

I feel it is only polite to ask for permission to use someone else's "intelectual property."
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.