Anymore?

riduan

Anymore?

Post by riduan »

err...I know I saw a few links before this. But none really as good as Fel's Pyrosian and Firestaff series...anyone can suggest similar fantasy novel online which is as good as Fel's...I am a male chauvinist (I think so) - as I only will read if the main character is Male..:) so if you come across one, let me know..

ahh..just completed reading L.E Modesitt Jr latest Corus book titled "The Scepters".... running out of free books to read!
negativecow
Initiate

Re: Anymore?

Post by negativecow »

have you read fels other series ?
not that they are fantasy but still very good.
pets: just in case we run out of food
riduan

Post by riduan »

negativecow wrote:have you read fels other series ?
not that they are fantasy but still very good.

Nay...not really into Sci-fi unless it is sci-fi fantasy (like ancient earth with science laws go haywire and magic rules)...like Michael Stashelf (sp) Warlock series...
borsic
Sorcerer

Post by borsic »

How about shadowrun?

Try http://www.shapcano.com, shapcano is quite good.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Oath of swords
and
The War God's Own
at Baen free library (author David Weber) are the first 2 volumes of a trilogy. Pretty good and somewhat similar to Tarrin saga (fantasy, male main char. ...)
Finn
Initiate

Post by Finn »

borsic wrote:How about shadowrun?

Try http://www.shapcano.com, shapcano is quite good.

::sigh::

So much of my time has been spent reading those  :P They're good, and they also taught me about Zatoichi before the movie came out!
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

"a New millenium" is also a good story. Can be found at http://www.furnation.com/JonwI/stories.html
Neysan

Post by Neysan »

"I am a male chauvinist (I think so) - as I only will read if the main character is Male.. so if you come across one, let me know.."

If I was sadistic, I'd recommend you read Robert jordan's Wheel of time Series

You'd HATE it :D

The story is good enough, but the Ridicules amount of man-bashing is beyond annoying, Bordering on almost-funny.
You might wanna try it just for kicks  ;D
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I like the series, I just kinda tune out the man bashing.  Which leaves me with about 2 chapters worth of material per book.

Wait a sec, that's not good, is it? LOL
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

I agree. I read Robert Jordon (not quite caught up with his newest), but I don't think I can find a single girl in that series that isn't excessively annoying. Even the somewhat nice ones turned around and started bashing somebody.  The men were only slightly better, though . . .
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Belgarion

Post by Belgarion »

There was the cool part in the first book where that guy realised he had killed all his friends and family. That was neat. Until I realised that it was the prolouge.  :'(
riduan

Post by riduan »

neysan wrote:"I am a male chauvinist (I think so) - as I only will read if the main character is Male.. so if you come across one, let me know.."

If I was sadistic, I'd recommend you read Robert jordan's Wheel of time Series

You'd HATE it :D

The story is good enough, but the Ridicules amount of man-bashing is beyond annoying, Bordering on almost-funny.
You might wanna try it just for kicks ;D
I have read all of his books. In fact that author really make me confirm that I don't like female chars...Jordan got lousy way when comes to the females' part. Same goes to LE Modesitt Jr's. They are more into male chars focus...although they tried the females part - but they end up sux.....well probably I don't know how to appreciate the portions...
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

riduan wrote:
I have read all of his books. In fact that author really make me confirm that I don't like female chars...Jordan got lousy way when comes to the females' part. Same goes to LE Modesitt Jr's. They are more into male chars focus...although they tried the females part - but they end up sux.....well probably I don't know how to appreciate the portions...

The problem with almost any series that features male and female mains is that a single author usually can't get into the correct mindframe for the opposite sex.  The Begariad and the Mallorean are a good example.  It was written by two authors, David and Leigh Eddings, and they were able to write their sexes mindframe quite well.  Robert Jordan, while a good writer, isn't able to get into the female mindframe I think.  I'm a guy, so I couldn't either (and besides, I'm afraid to try even. *grin*).  Then again, he also wrote his story into a corner that way, painting females as having all the established power.  The head of a powerful country was a Queen, the magical center of the world had nothing but women.  Men with magic were hunted down and killed, so it had that type of setting, which made the women more harsh there.

OK, I've typed myself out for tonight.  If I can think of anything else to say, I'll say it tomorrow. lol

Support my brother.
Finn
Initiate

Post by Finn »

wildcat wrote:I agree. I read Robert Jordon (not quite caught up with his newest), but I don't think I can find a single girl in that series that isn't excessively annoying. Even the somewhat nice ones turned around and started bashing somebody.  The men were only slightly better, though . . .
------Robert Jordan in 5 Seconds------

<Man does something>

::woman crosses her arms under her breasts and says "Humph!"::

::tugs her braid::

<Man says to himself how he wishes he were one of the other three men, cause they -know- how to deal with women>

[repeat ad nauseum]

THE END
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

finn wrote:
------Robert Jordan in 5 Seconds------

<Man does something>

::woman crosses her arms under her breasts and says "Humph!"::

::tugs her braid::

<Man says to himself how he wishes he were one of the other three men, cause they -know- how to deal with women>

[repeat ad nauseum]

THE END
You forgot to add in there somewhere.

Man gets interesting power, but is still led around by the girl because he's not one of the other three guys that -knows- how to deal with women.

Support my brother.