So Football (NFL) fans out there..

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

So Football (NFL) fans out there..

Post by Hearly »

Do you think It will be Elway's last season involved with the Broncos, because Quite honestly I don't think Manning will do well there, and then the Owners will turn around and go, we got rid of a Cash Cow (Tebow) for someone we paid 100 million dollars for..

Quite honestly I do kinda understand why Elway did what he did, but I think long term Denver would have been better off giving Tebow this season, if he failed then you get #1 draft pick, get a new QB who doesn't cost you 100 million dollars who had 4 neck surgeries in last 2 years..

Now before you start saying I'm a Manning Hater, I loved him as a Colt, I just think for 100 million dollars for a guy who took the entire last season off because of injury's isn't really worth it (also he's almost what 40)
fear1222
Sorcerer

Re: So Football (NFL) fans out there..

Post by fear1222 »

I agree. Manning is a great guy and a great player but $100 million after what he's had to go through to play again? No thank you. Tebow will end up starting for the Jets after the wildcat bombs and Sanchez plays a bad game and they replace him with Tebow near the end and he scores 2 touchdowns and everyone goes nuts then he plays mediocure the rest of season with only small flashes of great play.

Did you get all that!! LOL

Jeremy
flash
Novice

Post by flash »

The alleged $100m number are, while in theory true, a bit misleading. First off, Manning received no signing bonus and in order to continue being paid, he must pass a physical each year! The only guarantee is his first year wage of $18m and that's the only thing he will receive no matter what happens. In the end, Manning still gets paid lots of money for his first year of the contract, but the Broncos risk a lot less by expecting him to be fit to play.

Now, whether it was a good idea to trade away a young and somewhat promising quarterback and get a proven successful player with health concerns in the last years of his football career, that remains to be seen.

Here's my opinion: I saw what Minnesota did by acquiring Favre: in his first year he played lights out (for his age) but then he had major injury woes that were a big part in costing Childress his job. That's kind of what I expect from Manning. He may return to be one of the best quarterbacks of the league for a time, but will it last? I doubt it.
Widmer
Novice

Post by Widmer »

I like Manning as well, but Denver doesn't have the right offensive line for him. He is gonna get destroyed this year and unless they can get some production on the ground to open up the pass game, gonna be a tough season.